Are you taking care of yourself or are you too busy like most of the ladies and feel so stuck or helpless to take action for your own mental and physical well-being?
Here I am sharing an excerpt from an actual conversation that took place a few days back on phone between me and one of my married female friend who is a teacher and a mother of two children.
Me: Hi! It’s been long…how’s life going on?
Friend: Do not ask me yaar, it’s so hectic and I really do not know how to manage things and my health is deteriorating day by day. I can barely manage to stand for even 30 minutes, and most of the time I feel dizzy and quite a few times I have fainted and fallen down on the floor.
Me: OMG, what is happening to you? Why don’t you consult a Doctor? You should not ignore your health and must see a Doctor.
Friend: I know, health is important but I am so helpless I cannot spare time to go and see a Doctor. “Jab tak kaam chal raha hai yaar chalta rahe” (it would be fine as long as I am able to manage). Moreover, I remain busy all day long with household tasks, sending kids to school, preparing meals and then going to school. When I reach home in the evening I always get too tired, but cannot even take rest due to kids’ studies, then prepare dinner….………so the list of her work was going on and on. Ok yaar bye take care.
Me: Bye take care
So what was actually the conversation all about? It’s about the condition of a woman who is trying to keep pace between work and home, neglecting her own well-being and health concerns. She finds herself so helpless to spare time to see a Doctor.
The majority of women I have seen and observed, do not take care of themselves and do not even think about their own well-being. If you ask, most of the women have only one answer that they do not have time and their lives are too busy to spare time for their own health. Some women say that they do not even have time to breathe. Seriously, think about the statements that women make. It only indicates that women are not really concerned about their personal well-being and their only focus is on their duties and responsibilities of life. Despite having so many health issues like obesity, stress, migraines, depression and hormonal imbalance and much more, no one is ready or have little time to devote to self.
But I really feel, if a woman wishes and start loving herself and give importance to her own life, then there is nothing that comes in her way to attain good health and mental peace.
There are many ways to keep yourself fit and healthy. So here I am mentioning about Pranayama (breathing techniques) and Yoga (means union with body, mind, and spirit), that we all are aware of, as its origin has roots in our Indian culture. But on a serious note, how many women wish or even think about their wellness and really want to embrace fitness regimen? This is the question that all the women should need to ask themselves. Do all the women actually want to practice pranayama and yoga or any other activity regularly to maintain their health? I really doubt as the majority of my female friends, relatives, and acquaintances do not practice pranayama and yoga or even any other kind of physical exercise for their wellness.
I really think that every woman should devote at least 1 hour every day for her own happiness and well-being.
Until or unless we do not seriously wish to do some change in our life, nothing actually can change and women always find themselves stuck in the same cycle of work and family tasks.
These days more and more people are drawn towards practicing pranayama and yoga due to its immense benefits for overall wellness. Pranayama not only keeps one physically fit but does wonders to our body, mind, and spirit. This is one such practice which if we adopt in daily routine, can improve health and enhance the quality of life. It helps to enhance self-confidence, self-esteem and helps to manage our emotions and increase our self-control.
So, dear ladies! if you want to live happily, peacefully and stay healthy in life, you should include pranayama in your daily regimen. It is a wonderful practice that helps you to lead a life with more positivity and a sense of well-being. It helps to maintain health, detoxify the body, increases immunity, gives us inner peace, clarity in thoughts and makes our life vibrant.
If you are already fit and fine or even have some health issues it is always better to maintain one’s health and wellness. Taking care of your mental and physical wellness is more important in life and should have to be your topmost priority than anything else. Remember that caring and prevention is always better than cure :).
Here are the various benefits of Pranayama that motivate you to embrace this beautiful practice in life.
- It prevents illness and even cures diseases, making the immune system stronger.
- It improves memory and span of attention.
- With its regular practice, you will start experiencing inner peace.
- It improves physical and mental health.
- It helps to prevent stress and even helps to manage stress and its related disorders.
- The regular practice of pranayama helps to prevent as well as treat depression, high blood pressure, migraines, anxiety, chronic pain, diabetes, constipation, allergies, sleep disorder, obesity and various other life threatening illnesses.
- It improves the digestive system and cures problems of digestive organs.
- It also makes lungs, heart, and brain healthy and even cures the disease of these three and helps to enhance the functioning of kidneys, intestines, pancreas, lungs and heart.
- It improves the rate of breathing and if practice regularly, it enables a person to voluntarily control breathing pattern.
- It helps to maintain normal body weight and also reduce excessive fat.
- It helps to maintain positive emotions and helps to get rid of negative feelings and emotions.
- It helps to relax the body and soothe nerves.
- It helps to remove toxins from the body and prevent diseases and boost the immune system.
- It improves blood circulation and enhances beauty naturally.
- It also helps in preventing premature aging and hair fall and graying. With its regular practice, normal eyesight can be restored.
Pranayama has tremendous benefits and its regular practice improves the overall health. There are different types of Pranayama techniques and each one has different benefits. So start exploring this beautiful practice to gain its various benefits for physical as well as mental health. But it is very important that whenever you decide to embrace these practices, learn it from yoga professionals as if done the wrong way it can negatively affect your health.
First published here